My new avatar.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should johnT keep his current Avatar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My generation is really big on judging people based on who they are and not what they look like.

I think it is cute that you seem to believe that. :hug

Lesseee, many members of your generation spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to alter their appearance with tattoos.

There is a range of possible inferences consistent with that observation. "My generation does not care about appearances" is not one of them.

I think the strongest inference one can draw is "Hey! Tatoos are back in style now!"

(And, for the record, I am not anti-tattoo.)

We're changing "class".

My generation is really big on judging people based on who they are and not what they look like.

Should be interesting for business over the next 20 years as we take over.

I bet our kids hate them and change it back though.

One of ours (recently turned 21) has recently spent a good amount of money on tattoo removal, and also removed her belly button and nostril piercing... So your prediction that our kids will hate them probably has some merit...

I, myself, do not have a single tattoo. I just saw that picture, and thought that this represents that "I am a radical non-pretentious wine snob so let's get on our bikes and ride!".

Personally, I do not have the guts to have a ga-jillion needles pierce my skin. I never saw how a tattoo is worth the pain, at least for me.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words Joe!

I think it is cute that you seem to believe that. :hug

Lesseee, many members of your generation spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to alter their appearance with tattoos.

There is a range of possible inferences consistent with that observation. "My generation does not care about appearances" is not one of them.

I could be wrong(and Austin can clarify) but I took Austin's statement as meaning that they(his generation) don't care what people look like, it's what is inside that matters............not that they(his generation) don't care what they(themselves) look like.

Whereas a lot of the older generation judges people based on looks, ie: tatoo guy must be a gang-banger, mullet and sleeveless shirt must be a redneck, etc., his generation is more accepting of whatever your outside-looking choice is.

Wow, good work JohnT. Ask a simple avatar question and now we are in PSY 101. :)

PSY-101? You mean something like this?.......

Yeah, something like that.

You know, I may have to open a bottle of vintage Welch's in honor of you and your new avatar.........yeah, that's the ticket.

One of ours (recently turned 21) has recently spent a good amount of money on tattoo removal, and also removed her belly button and nostril piercing... So your prediction that our kids will hate them probably has some merit...

My kids are super into them but at 7 and 3 it may not lost.

How old was she when she got them? I started at 18 and I still love mine, but then mine aren't in visible locations. Like, I can cover mine up for the pro settings.

My kids are super into them but at 7 and 3 it may not lost.

How old was she when she got them? I started at 18 and I still love mine, but then mine aren't in visible locations. Like, I can cover mine up for the pro settings.

18 of course, on her inner arm, just above the wrist, so quite visible unless in long sleeves.

18 of course, on her inner arm, just above the wrist, so quite visible unless in long sleeves.

Interesting. I've not heard to many people in my age group getting them removed unless they were gang/drug related.

If course, I'm quite a bit older than your daughter but still.

Latest posts

Back