My 2008 Blacberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOUNDS LIKE AN F/PAC TO ME HANDYMAN?
smiley36.gif

20080110_065824_Blkbrythumb.jpg
On that, I'd agree Joe!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
You might consider that Harry.
A Blackberry flavor enhancement pac (procedure) near the end of your fermentation/ bulk ageing would make that blackberry flavor and aroma really pop.
Out of curiosity. What Brix are you shootin for here?

the answer is how does he want it to taste finished?yes the (f/pac )your right/but its taste,taste and taste,the numbers don't matter to much to me,once the product is produced and the components are in place ,taste and adjust,you know th drill my friend

smiley2.gif
Edited by: joeswine

If there's anything I've learned over the last 4 weeks, it'sthat tasteing your progress as you make changes is incredebly important.
smiley2.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I wish I’d known that sooner. It would have made a great deal of difference in all My previous batches.
smiley32.gif

Now. I make a change and then measure it then taste it to see what I did and most importantly, note it (that’s the scientist in me) for future repetition.
smiley4.gif

It’s great because you can see what’s happening to your wine right then and there as opposed to waiting till it’s aged in the bottle.

HANDYMAM454////just as a rule of thumb-a brix 0f 22,usually ferments down dry anywere between 11.5/12.5 finished alacohol level,1lb of sugar per gal. of liquid,starting point for fresh fruit,simple syurp 2-to-1(sugar to water}distilled.and TWO very important items
PATIENTS and TASTE,TASTE and TASTE,BUT, the very heart of the entire process is cleaness and sanitation,you have a package coming out by the end of next week
smiley35.gif
enjoy
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back