mulberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apologize i went to the beginners form and found what kmeta is lol. So if i have it still fermenting in the secondary i don't need to add the kmeta in till i'm where i want to be?

Sorry. Kmeta is shorthand for Potassium Metabisulphite. Sodium Metabisulphite is also available, but most folks use Kmeta since they say NaMeta (Sodium Metabisulphite) can produce some not desired flavors in your wine, but I don't remember which off flavors. You need to add Kmeta to your wine every 3 months during aging to protect against oxidation.

Pam in cinti

We crossposted there. Do NOT add kmeta until you are certain fermentation is finished. Meaning below 1.00 and not dropping for 3 days time. Then add the kmeta, and again every 3 months after that.

Pam in cinti

We havent steamed mulberries but we are pickin with a big canvas under the tree and a long stick to get enough to steam. Do you get the standard yeild of a gall of juice 10 pounds of berries? This is the one wine that gives us fits, every year an awful smell even with nutrients, we just add 50% more KM at the start trying to knock whatever is making those terrible smells down, but I like the idea of steaming them, got a steamer, dont know why we didnt think about it, must be a senior winemaker now:) WVMJ

Get a steam juicer.

Seriously, the best money I've spent in a long time.

Latest posts

Back