Mrs take on BBQ....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]After 4 long months of cold and winter, we are finally coming up to summer and Barbecue season. Therefore, it is important to refresh everybody's memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]When he volunteers to do the Barbecue, usually on a Saturday, the following chain of events is put into motion: [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Barbecue Routine[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]1) I buy the food.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]2) I make the salad, prepare the vegetables, and make dessert.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]3) I prepares the meat for cooking, place it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and take it to the him while he is lounging beside the grill - a glass of wine in hand.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Here comes the important part: [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]4) HE THEN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]More routine....[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]5) I go inside to organize the plates and cutlery.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]6) I then come out to tell the him that the meat is burning. He thanks me and asks if I will bring up another bottle of wine from the cellar while he deals with the situation.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Important again: [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]7) HE THEN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO ME.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]More routine.....[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]9) After eating, the I clear the table and do the dishes.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]And most important of all: [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]10) Everyone PRAISES the HIM and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]11) They tell good old jokes like:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Question: What do you call a boomerang that wont come back [/FONT]

Answer: A stick

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]12) He then asks the me how much I enjoyed ' my night off.' And, upon seeing my annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.... [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Footnote:[/FONT]​

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]If the Barbecue catches fire, he gets out the hose.[/FONT]

Meanwhile, I call 911

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back