Mosti Mondiale Mosti Mondiale’s 10L Vinifera Noble Soave

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mharris335

Reaction score
I just got done making this kit and this is my second time making it. All I can say is wow. George told me about this kit two years ago. I was looking for a white kit that would be ready quick and had good fruit. We drank the first kit between 4-15 months. It was good from the first bottle to the last. I just bottled this kit again yesterday and had some left over. My wife came home and I gave her the glass(I know, I am nice). She thought it was a $8-$12 bottle of wine. The total cost was $3 a bottle. Don't get me wrong, this is not the best wine kit out there, but it sure is good for under $3 a bottle. If you want a quick dry white wine, this one is good at the 4 month mark. The only thing I changed was, I add a box of white raisins when I pitch the yeast. I add the raisins when ever I make the 10 lit white kit. I have made it this way both times and loved it.

Yes, I am also curious to know more about the Soave. I am planning on going in to a white next, but haven't put a lot of thought into which one.

I made the Soave last summer and liked it but I'm not good at descriptions. I made it and a Bourg Royal white at the same time and added golden raisins to both. The Soave was light, clean tasting. Makes a nice early drinking summer wine. The Bourg Royal was like an unoaked chardonnay (also good). I have a second batch of the Soave (made without adding any raisins this time) bottled 6 weeks ago along with a VN Pinot Grigio. I'll open them in another 6 weeks and see which one I like better side by side. The Soave is lighter in color and body than the Pinot Grigio. The Soave came with 30 grams oak (the PG had 90 grams oak).

It's now two months latter and the wine is getting good now. It is very good on a hot day straight from the cold wine frig. It is a very easy drinking white wine.

My second batch of Soave (but without the raisins this time) is 3 months old now so I will be opening a bottle in the next few days. Same with my VN Pinot Grigio but this is the first time I've made it.

Latest posts

Back