Mosti Mondiale Mosti Meglioli Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
A good friend (Masta) from another forum gave me a bottle of this a couple of years ago at is picnic and Ive been hording it and decided to open this wine with a friend who got me into this hobby and all I can say is wow. This is by far the best wine Ive ever had!!!!!!!! I wish I could afford to buy some of these but they are way out of my price range but for those of you that can afford them I IMPLORE you to do so and let them age. If I had bought this at a store and paid $220 for it I would have not been dissapointed!!!!

Outrageous Barolo

Wade
Our local group (here in Austin) did a Barolo experiment. People were invited to make a Barolo, any type, modify anyway. Then in 14 months we had a sampling. There were 14 Barolos on offer. 2 were commercial (in the under $40 category), the rest were from WE, CC, MM and RJS.

One person made a port out of his. Another divided their kit into 2 batches and treated each differently, and so on. My offerings included a low end WE that I had "pumped up" with zante currents, extra oak and extended aging and some of the MM frozen juice.

I gave a short presentations on the characteristics and pairing guidelines for Barolo and people were encouraged to bring a food to pair with it.

All of the wines were good. Some better as "cocktail" wines and some as "food wines", and of course the opinions varied on each.

However the star of the show was the 18-20 month old MM Mondiale Barolo that George sent. It was an outrageous thing for him to do and it was the most favored wine.

You can't go wrong with these wines, even at $10 a bottle (with corks, bottles, etc.)

kcd

Im guessing you meant MM Meglioli. Thats the way George is and another reason why i back him and mod his forum also. He's a damn good man. That Barolo is the best out there.

Damn , make me feel good . I have 12 gallons I just put in bulk aging this week.I have never tried Baroloexcept when I racked out of secondary this week, Not a fair judge

You have 12 gallons of the Meglioli that you just started about 1-2 months ago. Did you get these last year or did a place still have these for sale?

yes, short answer, started 1 1/2 months ago. today I got 100# of Yakima Merlot and will get 100# Cab Sauv next week.They also had Syrah but enough for now. Wish I had a big freezer right now. Went and bought more carboys and fermenters today

Yakima River Winery is located in Prosser, which is in the Yakima Valley wine-producing region of Washington state. I had contacted them and had a special wine-tasting Session.
http://www.vivino.com/yakima-river-winery/
The winery is dedicated to producing only red wines and all the grapes used are from the Yakima Valley Appellation. Wines that are produced include: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet-Merlot blend, and a Shiraz Port with the Yakima River label. In addition to this label is our second label, Johns Port. Chateau Yakima, a meritage wine to our wine list.

Yakima River Winery is located in Prosser, which is in the Yakima Valley wine-producing region of Washington state. I had contacted them and had a special wine-tasting Session.
http://www.vivino.com/yakima-river-winery/
The winery is dedicated to producing only red wines and all the grapes used are from the Yakima Valley Appellation. Wines that are produced include: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet-Merlot blend, and a Shiraz Port with the Yakima River label. In addition to this label is our second label, Johns Port. Chateau Yakima, a meritage wine to our wine list.
You could have invited me, I would have drove across the mountains for that. I think you should go to Tunnel Hill in Chelan and I'll meet you there. Man do they make some nice wine

Latest posts

Back