Mosti Mondiale Mosti Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, for me it is too many kits, too little time. I am very impressed with the Mosti kits. I would like to try one of the CC kits, perhaps the GSM. That is a Chateauneuf du Pape style, which I have always liked.

I made the WE Stags Leap Merlot and was not impressed--even after 2 years aging. I've been disappointed in most of the red winekits I've made. I have two Meglioli's this year that I hope will change my mind on kit reds. These are my first MM kits.
All the white kit wines I've made were very good.

I do have a few CC kits aging and two WE Crushendos aging. Initial tastes were good but the jury is still out. Edited by: Jackie

The Meglioli's are excellent. I will be very surprised if you don't have a whole new view of wine kits after you make one.

Jackie said:
I made the WE Stags Leap Merlot and was not impressed--even after 2 years aging. I've been disappointed in most of the red winekits I've made. ......

Jackie, you have been at this longer than we have so ask the benefit of your experience.What is thespecific reason, taste, smell,etc.your red kits fail to meet yourexpectations?At this point ours is KT, the sweetness at the very beginning of the taste of the wine. It has been common to all of our reds (All WE 16 L) except these Mostis. Thatinitial taste is the same for Amarone,OV Zin, Merlot, and cab.

Asyou experienced, our whites are goodand the Mostis better.

I'd always bought 15-16 litre WE kits and most of the reds have had KT. My husband wouldsay "that tastes sweet". Sometimes it lessens with time but I can stilltaste it and I age mine 2 years. Also,I don't thinkthe "big reds" like Cabernet have thedepth of flavorand certainly not the tannins of a good commercial. I've tried some side by side with a commercial and the kit just wasn't nearly as good and we could pick it out in a blind test.

I've enjoyed all the whites.

If you're asking about reds, I can't think of any I'd strongly recommend (WE had an Oregon Pinot Noir that was very good but no longer avail). I bought alot of the LEs. I will say the only RJS kit I tried--an LE Pinot Noir had KT too.

My favorite whites were a LE Chardonnay-Viognier, Estate Oregon Pinot Gris (after 2 years aging but it's no longer avail), Estate NZ Sauv Blanc and Estate Sonoma unwooded Chardonnay. I was also pleasantly surprised at the World Vineyard Trinity White for an early drinker (it's the only 10L kit I've tried). I age whites atleast 1 year, sometimes 2yrs but I ran out of ones ready to drink so I tried the small kit and it was good (not great but good for the price and I started drinking it after only 3 months aging)--Sauv Blanc style.

I haven't tasted any MM kits yet and my CC kits are all still aging.

I will say I really like not needing to add water to the Meglioli kit. I don't buy concentrates for things like orange juice because I don't think they taste as good so part of me didn't like doing that with wine. The qualityof the juice is the main thing but I wish MM included grape packs with the high end lines but hopefully the raisins will contribute to the tannin lvl.

quntum, I made the AJ Amarone. You are going to like this one. Delicious!!!

Back