Mosti Mondiale Mosti Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quntumleap

Junior
Reaction score
I have done several winexpert kits with good results. I wan to try the Mosti kits. I would like to do a red and white Renaissance kit for Thanksgiving/Christmas season 08. And I want to do a red and white All juice kit for drinking in 09. The AJ Amarone looks like a winner. Also in the Renaissance kits the Old vine cab looks good and I would like to do one of the Chardonnays.

All suggestions are welcome. Tell me what you have liked and not liked.

Thanks

JOHN

I really think the All Juice Pinot Noir is a winner. Mine has been bottled about 6-8 months now and is really starting to shine. I have been drinking one for the last 2 days and it is really improving greatly. I wouldn't hestitate making this one again.

I have also made the Frozen must Amarone and the Renaissance Amarone. So far the Renaissance is every bit as good as the Frozen Must All Juice. It comes with a grape pack and that really make it extra special.

If you want something for the holidays, look at the Renaissance. The All Juice kits just need more time. We tried the Rio Grande Rojo and the Cabernet Sauvignon - Old Vines on Saturday. They were 4 months old and will be ready to drink very soon. Still a tad harsh, but the flavors and bouquet were already starting to develop. A customer that sampled the Rio Grande bought one. Can't give a better recommendation than that.

George, just a note to say the WE Selection Italian Amarone is wonderful drinking early. My neighbor made this kit, has been in the bottle maybe 3 months. Went over for dinner last night and I was so surprised by the nice taste it has so early! Imagine the taste 8 months from now!

I will be bottling the MM AJ Amarone next weekend. Looking forward to comparing notes as his came with sugar, mine with raisins.

I truly am taken back at how wonderful these kits taste and blown away that I could actually make a drinkable wine!!

Thanks for wonderful products and equipment and help always~
smiley9.gif

Would the Reneissance wine be ready for drinking by Christmas? That would make nice gifts for co-workers.
smiley36.gif

If you get it started right away, you should be able to enjoy it at Christmas.

Hey George,

Have you done an Amarone' yet from MM Alljuice? If not, let me know.

John

jjk, I just bottled my MM AJ Amarone this morning. It smells delicious!
This was the kit with the raisins.
smiley4.gif

uavwmn said:
jjk, I just bottled my MM AJ Amarone this morning. It smells delicious!
This was the kit with the raisins.
smiley4.gif

I just bottled my AJ Pinot Grigio that George was kind enough to send as a replacement for my frozen pail of PG that never made it all the way here! When did you start your Amarone?
Edited by: Joan

Hi Joan,

I started my Amarone' back in January of 07 and bottled around May/June. Just had a bottle last month and was rewarded quite well with a rush of aroma that filled the room, a taste of black cherry, plum and some currant aftertaste. I oaked a little heavy and there's just a hint of oak barrel on palate. Another year will fully mature its capability. I like the raisin version much better than the corn sugar version. Winexpert kits do maturer quicker, but over the long haul, MM comes out on top in complexity and fullness.Edited by: jjk1991

I just finished ordering my first Mosti kits from George. I got the AJ Shiraz and the Vinifera Noble White Zin. I can't wait to get them and get started. If they live up to their reputation I should be very happy!

I bottled my MM AJ Amarone on 1/1, but have not yet tried a bottle. It tasted good after three months of bulk aging. Maybe I'll grill a steak in the 4" of snow we are supposed to get tonight.

Did this last weekend. 70 degrees on Sunday, then by Monday evening there was 6" inches on ground with winds 20-30 mph. At least the steak was corn fed and the wine was heavenly. Enjoy your steak and Amarone' for spring is near. Oh yea, we leap forward an hour this Saturday!!! Yea spring is near!! Before long, boat, tanning, steaks and wine!!

PeterZ said:
I bottled my MM AJ Amarone on 1/1, but have not yet tried a bottle. It tasted good after three months of bulk aging. Maybe I'll grill a steak in the 4" of snow we are supposed to get tonight.

Peter,
How long did you age that kit?

Jack, I don't have the dates in front of me, but after racking off the lees I bulk aged for about 3 months and then bottled. We tried a bottle last night with penne and meatballs and it was quite drinkable after two months in the bottle. It still lacks complexity, but I expect that to emerge over the next year. This one is a keeper. I'm really looking forward to the Meglioli Barolo that is sitting on the wine making table waiting to be started.

5 months sounds too early Peter! You must have a reduced wine storage area in your new digs! On the other hand that means you aren't getting KT.
I too have a Meglioli on deck, mine an Amarone. Really looking forward to getting that going.
I made the WE Amarone last year and it still has KT after 10 months
smiley7.gif
so I'm letting go another six before tasting again. I have high hopes for the Meglioli.

We drank some of our Master's Granbarolo last night. Over 1 year old and getting better all the time. It is jummy!

Definately no KT in the MM AJ Amarone. Also none of the off odors I noticed with the RJS 10L Merlot I did as a first kit. The off odors are gone now, with a year of aging. Only 10 bottles of this one left!!!

Glad to hear you didn't have KT, PeterZ! I am worried about that as I have posted before.
Mary and I bottled three kits today: a MM AJ Chianti yeast pitched 11/14/07, MM ME Rojo Encantando yeast pitched 11/30/07, and a WE Stags Leap Merlot yeast pitched 4/5/07.
The WE kit still has very noticeable KT so I am going to put that in the back of the cellar and see if it will get to be drinkable.

The two Mosti kits are another story altogether. The Chianti is almost absent Kt now and shows wonderful promise. Since that is one of Mary's favorites, I hope it develops into a house favorite. As we discussed today, Mosti makes it every year....

The Rojo Encantando ( is that translated Enchanting Red?) is ready now! Had a glass left from bottling and let it sit around for a couple of hours with both of us sipping on it from time to time. Might be the best one we have made to date.
George has a part in the story in this wine. Seems there was a leak in the packaging and it was very moldy when it arrived. I was off delivering a yacht and it sat for a week before I could get to it. When I saw it I was sick! Called George and he sent another right away but suggested that we might be able to make the damamged kit anyway. With his guidance we did. And it came out! Another George accolade!

I'm likin these Mosti kits though and looking forward to the Trebbiano and Sav Blanc we have bulk aging at the moment.

Latest posts

Back