Mosti Mondiale Mondiale Fresco Juice October 07

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm purchasing a mityvac to degass do I need a orange cap or can I degass though the airlock hole of rubber bung.

I just use the bung and the small suction cup little fitting that comes with the mityvac as it gets a better seal than the little fitting that fits into the bung hole. It looks like a little suction cup that you would hang an ornament off a window.

Masta, interested to know your impression on the Xinomavro, have you tasted it? How did the process go on that one?

I finally bottled my 2007 Mosti Mondiale California Fresh Juice Moscato. I am very happy with the results. I back sweetened light, as I prefer dry wines. For $75, this juice was a bargain. Too bad the 08 fresh juice bit the dust. I'm currently enjoying a 1997 Sauvignon Blanc. Yes, 1997. I found another bottle from this fresh grape product I picked at a local vineyard 11 years ago. It has agreat taste for an 11 year old wine.

I learned a valuable lesson. I was filtering with my buon vino minijet and was too busy watching the Cowboys game. I ended sucking up the finings at the bottom of the carboy. It resulted in filtered cloudy wine. So I had to filter the wine again to achieve the desired clarity. The instructions advise us to rack first off the finings, then filter. I was being lazy and won't be lazy again.

Latest posts

Back