MO Wine Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
So this might be the first year I won't be able to make the varietals I like.

Chardonel, Seyval, Vidal - most of the vineyards around here are not selling any grapes to the late freeze and drought.

So if anybody knows where I can get these grapes - please reply to this thread or PM me with the information.

Thanks a bunch.....

Good luck! I didn't know about the freeze. That's too bad.

I would sure like to get a couple hundred pounds of Norton. It is just so far from Colorado to Missouri just to pick up grapes. I really love a good Norton wine!

So this might be the first year I won't be able to make the varietals I like.

Chardonel, Seyval, Vidal - most of the vineyards around here are not selling any grapes to the late freeze and drought.

So if anybody knows where I can get these grapes - please reply to this thread or PM me with the information.

Thanks a bunch.....

Do you get Andy's email? There is a list that gets sent out every week. I'll PM you a copy.

Yeah I get andy's email.

There are a couple that have Vidal - but not sure it is for home winemakers.

Afraid they sell by the ton.

Doug - thanks - and let me know if you find out anything.

I have contacted every vineyard in the area that I know of..

Norton is still available in the area Robie.

I am in - lets try to get 1-2 more folks in and split the 1 ton.

I am emailing to find out if it has to be 1 ton of the same varietal or combined varietals.

Are you talking varietal wines, or grape varieties? :)

Jon - Check with these folks: http://www.greenhillgrapes.com/

Their site says they'll have Seyval the end of this month. I -almost- bought from them last year, but they harvested the Chambourcin too soon due to bird damage.

When I talked to them last year the grapes were $.65/# and they offered the use of crush/press equipment gratis.

Seemed like nice folks on the phone. A retired couple, IIRC.

Talking grape varietals.

Thanks Bob for the reference. I have a few emails I am waiting back on - in the Augusta area - a bit closer to me.

If that falls thru - might have to journey down that way.

Cave Vineyard, Chaumette, Charleville, St. Francios Vineyard, Shady Valley Vineyard, Ste. Gen Winery, Crown Valley Winery, Villa Antonia Winery and Persimmon Ridge cannot afford to sell any this year.

Waiting to hear from Noboleis Vineyard, and Adam Puchta Winery.

They just have Vidal - which will be ok. I can double up on that and make a dry Vidal and a sweet Vidal - one with oak, maybe try MLF on one. Can experiment.

Last edited:
does anyone here have experience freezing Norton juice in a home chest type freezer? I bought Norton juice for the first time last year, about 20 gallons, and I was a little bit overwhelmed trying to get it all used up right away. Can it simply be stored in foodgrade buckets in the freezer? I would like to do the same this year with Chardonell, Chambourcin, and some of the other Missouri varietals juices if they can be found this year
I also have a friend in Arizona who desperately wants norton juice. I'm assuming there's no realistic way for one to get it without driving to Missouri?

I would think freezing it would be fine.

Add k-meta into it - then freeze it.

When I ordered my Chilean Juice that is the way it came - frozen in 6 gallon pails.

Latest posts

Back