Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tepe said:
Remember to add 1/4 tsp K-meta every 3 months. Also,

Taste

taste

Taste

If thin body adjust before bottling.

check, check, check
smiley1.gif

Admiral, I used my auto siphon to take the juice from the bucket to the primary. No spilly, spilly.
smiley36.gif

uavwmn said:
Admiral, I used my auto siphon to take the juice from the bucket to the primary. No spilly, spilly.
smiley36.gif

Yes, that was what I did. It was the opening of the bag that was my undoing. Since it was in my mind to use the siphon, it never entered my mind to turn the bucket on its side to get the bag out.
smiley5.gif
I see that your Amarone is about 1 year old. How is it? Tepe says 3 to 4 years to be at its best.

Admiral, it is very good right now. I am sure it will be even better with more age.
smiley4.gif

The MM Alljuice Amarone is excellent after just a year. It will improve more as it ages more, but still GREAT at the one year mark!

I hope you're right about that, Appleman. Maybe that means mine has done well this past weekend!

Fingers firmly crossed!

I'm not so sure about that "great" thing, Appleman but I surely appreciate the thought!
smiley9.gif

Joan, good luck with your Amarone.I have found that thisAmarone, as it ferments, sure is putting out some big aroma. My winery is very "grapey" this morning and this extends into our family room. The SG this morning is 1.020. So, I will rack it today to the secondary. Oak andyeast nutrient will be added and the bag of raisins will be squeezed untill juiceless. I sure hope those little yeasties did their job on the raisins. I will taste one to see if the sugar is gone.

It will be a big day in the winery today.We will be racking this wine and bottling my VN Zinfandel and VN Cabernet Sauvignon.
smiley1.gif

Admiral, sounds like a good wine day today!!!
smiley4.gif
I liked the amarone so much I have another kit started!!! BTW, the VN Cab is awesome!! You will not be dissappointed!!

Enjoy the day~

I racked to secondary yeaterday. Squeezed the raisins until my hands hurt. Tasted a raisin. Still sweet, even after squeezing, but with a bitter taste just before swallowing. Decided to put the pulp out in the yard for the critters. All gone this morning. Must have been party time in the yard overnight.
smiley1.gif

The amount of wine in the bucket plus wood chips was more than my carboy would bear so I siphoned off about 3/4 of a gallon into a gallon jug. Note to self: "Always plan on using a carboy + a gallon jug. ALWAYS"

This morning, both carboy and jug are bubbling merrily away.
smiley1.gif

I bottled this wine in December. Last night, I tried a bottle. The wine was rough upon opening. The nose was negligible. The taste was bitter with a high alcohol finish. My reaction was disappointed. As time passed though, the wine improved (time, the great companion to wine.) The nose began to smell of raisins. Then the bitterness gave way to a definite fruitiness that resembled tart, dried cherries. The color was a deep, dark red. I am looking forward to this wine with another year of aging.

Yesterday, I received from George a Meglioli Amarone with raisins. I will start it soon and report on its progress.
smiley1.gif

Sounds like all that wine needed was some decanting to really open it up.

xanxer82 said:
Sounds like all that wine needed was some decanting to really open it up.

Yes, it needed some air. It is still rough but I think that it is going to be wonderful.

Latest posts

Back