mlf question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishman

Junior
Reaction score
do you sulfate or use camden tablets on the wine as soon as MLF has comlpleted, then rack off to clear before bottling. thanks art

Last edited:
MLF can take up to 3 monthe depending on temp etc. Yes once MLF is complete add 1/4tsp k-meta for 6 gal. DO NOT ADD Sorbate though.
What are you making?

a chilean blend that we crushed from grapes mlf took a long time ,4 months ,was getting ready to rack and add oak .

is the meta bi sulfate nessesary after the mlf or can I continue to bulk age without it?

a chilean blend that we crushed from grapes mlf took a long time ,4 months ,was getting ready to rack and add oak .
WOW! you have grapes from this Spring? I get Chilean Acb/merlot juice blend and that comes out great. I have 36 gal aging.

is the meta bi sulfate nessesary after the mlf or can I continue to bulk age without it?
Yes its important you should add once MLF is complete and every 90 days so your wine won't oxidize.

yes these were this spings grapes I gues I should have said mlf took 6 months , temp was on the cool side where i had it . blend of 60% carmene 20% cab sav 20% sarah tastes great now.plan on bulk aging it for 18 months min then bottle. didnt realize you had to keep adding meta . thought if it was sealed up good it could'nt oxidize. Hopefully I havent screwed anything up by not adding it yet, been racked into new carboy for 2 weeks. any sugestions are appeciated thanks art

U should be fine.
Keep us posted. The blend I get with the Chilean juice is 70% cab 30%

Latest posts

Back