MLF- First Time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4 tsp twice over 6 months and this is what I have ImageUploadedByWine Making1396976304.254935.jpg

Fall Chardonnay juice

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

You can give it a try, but it might not work because of the sulfite. I think you would have done better to treat it much sooner. How does it taste without it? I assume you are after a buttery chardonnay taste instead of a nice fruit forward one.

It's pretty tart, was trying to mellow it down.

So if I've added any kmeta, mlf won't work?

Depends how much you added and how much the strain you used can tolerate.

It's pretty tart, was trying to mellow it down.

So here is something to add that nobody suggested.... If you feel it has a tart taste let's hear what your ph and ta levels are.... Mlf will not fix a high acid level.

Sam

Hey everyone, looking for some advice as to whether or not it looks my mlf is complete on my merlot. It's been going through mlf for 8 weeks. Attached are my chromatography test results. Does this look complete?1398624813027.jpg

Probably the best your gona get it..... I have played with this last trace for weeks and it seems to always stay a little... So my vote is yes...

Sam

Thanks Sam. Gonna rack and add k-meta tonight. Most importantly, sneak a taste as well!

Back