mixing wines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris1

Reaction score
Hey i have not posted in a while was waiting to get some fresh grape juice buckets for this years wine. I was wondering if there any good recopies to mix wine after its done so i know what grape juices to order. Here is a list of juice buckets i can order. would like to make a nice red mix or a blush.

Concord
$32.50

Gewurztraminer
$50.00

Fredonia
$32.50

Catawba
$32.50

Dechaunac
$36.25

Chardonnay
$52.00

Baco Noir
$36.25

Riesling
$57.50

Rougeon
$36.25

Delaware
$37.50

Foch
$41.25

Seyval
$42.50

Leon Millot
$40.00

Vidal
$42.50

Chancellor
$37.50

Cayuga White
$36.25

Chambourcin
$47.25

Diamond
$40.00

Cabernet Sauvignon
$62.50

Aurora
$36.25

Merlot
$62.50

Niagara
$32.50

Ives
$35.00

Chardonelle
$41.25

Noret
$45.00

Traminette
$47.50

Corot Noret
$43.75

Geisenheim
$45.00

Vignoles

$42.50

Pinot Gris
$61.25

Steuben
$33.75

Brianna
$42.50

Edelweiss
$42.50

Isabella
$33.75

Chris that is quiet a list. Where are you getting your juice from and what size buckets at those prices? There are so many of those that could be blended. Click on my signature to see what I have blended. I would suggest you start visiting wineries and sample there blends. Another good thing to do is go to wine competitions and see what people are blending. Who would have ever thought of peach and strawberry? I have actuall gone to wineries and asked for two samples and then blended them to see how they tasted. Hope this helps.

Like Dan said. What do you like? Whatever you do ferment each one dry. Just before bottling start blending small quanities to your taste

Thanks for the responses :) i live in upstate New York and we are expecting grapes by early sept. the place that i get these bucks is a place called ontario orchards.

[hide= web site]http://www.ontarioorchards.com/winebeercider.html[/jhide] i don't now if its ok to put up the site.

They also sell wine kits. OB and vino del vida kits and many other things that could be fermented as well. the buckets come in 5 gallon pals. they do also sell fruit juice pressed in 5 gallon buckets also peach is about 35 bucks for 5 gallons plan on doing at leash a 5 gallon batch of peach wine from pure juice =)

I have 2 wineries within 15 minutes from me so i will land up there a few times a year. I really like blush wines and dark reds and a few whites. pretty much everything mostly dry on the reds and whites and sweeter on the blush wines. This is only my second summer making wine and wanted to take advantage of the fresh juice this year but have never done wine from juice and i really don't know what grape goes to making what wine (wine grape noob here).

so far I've made.

Vino del vida

Merlot
Pinot Grigio
Chardonnay
all those bottled Christmas eve 2010

Fruit
peach
black raspberry
blue berry
Apple wine that i flavored with 2 f packs one strawberry and one kiwi

Riesling Ice Wine kit most of this is gone only 8 bottles left 375ml =( trying to wait for the full year on this one.

Chris, the juice is quiet easy to do. I would suggest collecting as many carboys as you can right now. Once you get started, it's like stopping a train. The juice is a lot cheaper then kits.

i took a look at your blends they all sound good and yes they are cheaper then kits one of the reason i want to get into juice. They do sell vino del vida kits from 44-49 bucks witch is pretty cheap but the quality is not the best and would like to kick it up a notch =) once i get the juice ill prob make a post in wine from juice forum ill prob have some questions on the go that i cant think of right now. and i have plenty of patience i still have over a case of each wine that i make last winter cant wait till the one year mark :D

Thanks for the responses :) i live in upstate New York and we are expecting grapes by early sept. the place that i get these bucks is a place called ontario orchards.

[hide= web site]http://www.ontarioorchards.com/winebeercider.html[/jhide] i don't now if its ok to put up the site.

They also sell wine kits. OB and vino del vida kits and many other things that could be fermented as well. the buckets come in 5 gallon pals. they do also sell fruit juice pressed in 5 gallon buckets also peach is about 35 bucks for 5 gallons plan on doing at leash a 5 gallon batch of peach wine from pure juice =)

I have 2 wineries within 15 minutes from me so i will land up there a few times a year. I really like blush wines and dark reds and a few whites. pretty much everything mostly dry on the reds and whites and sweeter on the blush wines. This is only my second summer making wine and wanted to take advantage of the fresh juice this year but have never done wine from juice and i really don't know what grape goes to making what wine (wine grape noob here).

so far I've made.

Vino del vida

Merlot
Pinot Grigio
Chardonnay
all those bottled Christmas eve 2010

Fruit
peach
black raspberry
blue berry
Apple wine that i flavored with 2 f packs one strawberry and one kiwi

Riesling Ice Wine kit most of this is gone only 8 bottles left 375ml =( trying to wait for the full year on this one.

YOU ARE SO LUICKY !

I know alot of people who would love to be close to ontario orchards.

one of my favorite places to go. they also have a wide selection of fresh locally grown vegetables too and all there prices are really reasonable. Decided that i might do a diamond/concord mix

Back