Minute Maid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making wine from any of the minute maid 100% juice blends? I bought a bottle of pomegranate blueberry the other day for personal consumption and it was delicious. I thought it might make a great wine. Its a blend of blueberry, apple, grape, pomegranate, and I think raspberry. I think it was about $2 for 60 oz of juice, and the only preservative I saw was ascorbic acid. I might give this one a shot since I have no more fresh fruit to use at this time.

I have used Dole a few times but not the Minute Maid, Im sure it will make a decent wine.

I have made wines using the 64 oz bottles of various juices as well as the frozen concentrates....

I think the 64 oz bottles of juices are a little thin to make a wine with just that product...I would use it, but also add one can of a frozen concentrate if you can find a concentrate of juice similar to the 64 oz product...One can of concentrate per gallon would give it more body and flavor.

Just my 2¢....

I have the Blueberry/Pomegranate wine going right now. It is about 8 months old. I've thought about an orange wine having tried one at a winery in Florida a year ago. Thought it was fantastic. The recipes I have call for using some of the zest of the skin minus the white part. The white is suppose to make the wine bitter. Unsure just how essential that zest is. Let me know how it comes out if you try just the juice.

Here I go again
smiley4.gif

7 quarts MM Blueberry Pomegranate juice
2 cans Welches 100% White Grape juice concentrate
20 cups sugar
Filled to 6 gallon mark

1 tbs yeast energizer
2 tbs yeast nutrient
2 tsp pectic enzyme
3 tbs acid blend

Initial SG 1.080
pH 3.8

1 packet Pasteur Champagne yeast

That sounds good to me...

Think adding the White Grape Concentrate will help with the body.

keep us posted....Photos are nice.

It looks like it has a nice color.....
Now...I've been thinking about this recipe.....
Was that 7 qts MM juice ready to drink??? Or was it a concentrate???

Edited by: Northern Winos

It was ready to drink in 60 oz bottles, the label had ascorbic acid as the only preservative listed. And the yeasties are hard at work again.....

Signs of activity are present. Bubbles everywhere...............
smiley32.gif

Edited by: gaudet

Did you use 7 of those jugs, or 7 quarts of juice???

It's amazing the wines you can make from store bought juices....they turn out very nice and early drinkers.....and...always available...rain or shine.

I measured out 7 quarts of juice

Good old trusty pyrex 32oz at a time

And the aroma is just wonderful....................
smiley1.gif

Edited by: gaudet

In about 3 weeks Iwill be bottling a Pomegranite Blueberry wine that I made using 3 cans of Old Orchard frozen concentrate. The colorandaromaare wonderfuland I believe the flavor will be very good.

Welcome eclectic...glad you stepped in...Hope you stay awhile and tell us about yourself and your winemaking experiences.

I don't see all those flavors in our frozen juice section...need to go to bigger cities with bigger stores.

Northern Winos said:
Welcome eclectic...glad you stepped in...Hope you stay awhile and tell us about yourself and your winemaking experiences.

I don't see all those flavors in our frozen juice section...need to go to bigger cities with bigger stores.

You're not talking about the minute maid products are you Northern? Cause they seem to be common in my local walmart. They even have pomegranate lemonade, and pomegranate tea juices............

Haven't seen that yet.

Went to a larger store in a bigger city when I was doing a frozen concentrate Cherry Wine and a Cranberry Wine.....I found some super concentrates...12oz cans were about $5, but they were pure juices....I used the cheaper blends....Old Orchard with apple juice blend and Welch's with Niagara grape blend..they were good too.

So many possibilities...

I put it under airlock yesterday since it seemed to be very actively fermenting. I just opened it up and took a sg, 1.034

I wasn't expecting it to ferment that quickly. I guess it will be ready to go to the carboy either tomorrow or Friday. Does Pasteur Champagne ferment that quickly?

It is a more aggressive yeast. Some wines will just ferment very fast while others will take their time though and thats why you just have to stick a hydrometer in there often, if its taking its time then you dont have to check as often.

Back