Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
Dear Mr. cbwenger, why aren't you drinking merlow? I have never had any, but the name makes me think it might taste good.

Try a bottle of Yellow Tail Merlot from Australia. Cheap, and good.

Excellent suggestion, Country. I think Yellowtail has some really good wines for the money.

I agree the Yellowtail is a great wine for the money but I can tell you the Cru Select RQ_2004 French Merlot I bottled this morning is going to be fantastic!!

I used 2 oz French Oak heavy toast & 1 oz American Oak medium toast beans for 11 weeks bulk aging. The sample taste this morning was awesome and can't wait to taste againin 6 months!
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 133pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=177 border=0 x:str>
<COLGROUP>
<COL style="WIDTH: 133pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6473" width=177>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 133pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" width=177 height=17></TD></TR>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17>
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

It could be that he's just quoting from the movie, Sideways. There is a scene before they head into the restaurant and the agree that there will be no Merlot.
smiley36.gif

The movie Sideways is on it's way to Waldo, if someone wants to see it next PM Waldo!!

Waldo is done watching the movie " Sideways " it's about some wine
drinkers and has the joke about "Merlot" in it, I think it is rated "R"
but not sure, I think we should sent it on a country wide tour so if
someone would like to see it next PM waldo with your name and address
and he can send it to you!!

I filtered the Merlot last night and bottled it. It tastes very dry and
maybe a little bitter (I don't have much of a sense of taste) it
finished at 13.2 ABV 30 bottles, the filter worked very well, I do
worry about the air put in the wine by the filter, I added 1/4 tsp.
sulfite to be safe. (the small bottles are ice wine did them after and
used the same filters)

2005-10-08_073246_bottle_merlot_ice_wine_002.jpg

2005-10-08_073429_bottle_merlot_ice_wine_003.jpg

Latest posts

Back