WineXpert Merlot HoHo!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Merlot HoHo kit just arrived today! :db Mulled wine is a favorite of mine, and the description sounded too good to pass up. Starting it this weekend...crossing my fingers...

I bottled mine yesterday, and my wife and I sampled what was left in the bottom of the carboy. I'm generally not a fan of sweet wines, so I was pleasantly surprised that this did not taste cloyingly sweet to me...certainly not as sweet as a mulled wine I tasted last weekend at a winery.

I made it to give as gifts for the holidays. Hopefully friends will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Ditto...had a half glass left over...surprisingly not that sweet...love the orange and the aroma!!!

Would you believe I broke my hydrometer, and of course I don't have a spare :slp so will have to start my Merlot HoHo later this week. Glad to hear it's turning out well for everyone. :h

Just got mine started Saturday...I'm hoping it will be bottled by Xmas. The fpac smells so good! Has anyone bottled yet?

Has anyone bottled yet?

I bottled mine today. Pleasantly surprized with it. aroma of clove and orange on the nose, taste of orange on the front and a slight tartness on the finish. Going to give most as holiday gifts. Bakervinyard

So there's a couple who have bottled what's it tasting like all I am reading is that it smells nice (which I believe mine smelt awesome when I added the fpack)

Quite a while later but I am wondering how the flavor on this one turned out for folks? Would you do this kit again?

Is Naughty Mist the same thing as Merlot HoHo?
Looks like Merlot HoHo is the 2014, and Naughty is the 2015. Slightly different though.

Merlot HoHo - orange, cranberry, spice and cloves
Naughty - spiced orange and brown sugar with notes of cinnamon and ginger

Steve

Latest posts

Back