Maple Syrup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stinkie,

The maple syrup is great! I hid it way back in the refrigerator just so....because!
smiley36.gif

Ya every one loves it here that is some fine stuff I can see why you would work so hard for that 40 to 1 ratio its great!
smiley20.gif

Don't forget to refrigerate your syrup after opening, it won't go bad ever but mold can grow on it, if it does just bring it to a boil and skim off the bad stuff and put it back in a clean container.

Hey AAA, what a nice surprise to come home to! You certainly have a lot of energy and have interesting AND productive hobbies. Thanks so much for the syrup. I'll try to reciprocate with something unique from Michigan. Thanks again. I have a lot of catch up reading on this site to do.

I finally got around to bottling the 5 gallons of syrup I was saving for Christmas today.

2005-12-11_171459_maple_syrup_bottle_december_004.jpg

2005-12-11_171610_maple_syrup_bottle_december_002.jpg

2005-12-11_171705_maple_syrup_bottle_december_001.jpg

The quart jars are some chicken soup I made and canned for my daughter,
the first syrup are tiny glass jugs for children, they are hard to
fill, but are really nice. I found a case up in the attic.

I hung 102 buckets yesterday, even though I have the flue, can't be
dilly-dadlin when it's sugar time, sick will have to wait. I'll take my
camera today, it's easy this year, no snow on the ground!!

Hope you get to feeling better podner and would love to see some pics.

I to, Hope your feeling better stinky and would love to see pictures of your maple syrup process. When I was a kid in upstate NY, we had family that made their own syrup and it was wonderfull, when I got older (8), my brother and I would go out and collect the sap (water) from the trees and try to make our own......... Man I miss those days......
smiley19.gif
Edited by: jobe05

I hung 160 more buckets today, with the flue it feels like someone beat me up..lol

Someone asked how do you get the sap?

You drill a 7/16/' hole 2 1/2" deep and tap in a spile:

I use a battery drill till the batteries go dead (about 70 holes) then I use the gas drill.

2006-03-08_175705_maple_2006_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back