malactic yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start a chard nay,whattype of malactateyeast should be used to get the best resullts,,in the secondary I'm trying to duplicate a Coppola chard ,then I'll do a time in French oak after primary....it may sound backward...but it is a real process....the malactate is key to this manufactures process,oak after secondary,,wine finishes out fruity with just a hint of oak,and good body,and semi-dry....its the mlf..i'd like some input on....your turn
smiley2.gif

Where did you get your chardonnay grape juice?

Speaking of Coppola, I was at their winery just a month ago. That is a really fancy place. We ate in their restaurant and bought a couple of really nice wine glasses, one got broken on the way home.

I bought my juice by Chardonnay this season at gino pintos in Hammonton New Jersey however I thought that Coppola was Chardonnay was outstanding it was a blend of two Chardonnays first done in stainless and then done in two weeks of Oak casks. It had a great taste upfront a fruit and just a hint of oak on the backside.
They make a nice one when I wouldn't not be afraid to take any dinner. Mine however stored quite nicely when down there today racked a bunch of stuff, check
the Chardonnay and the raisins have done their job still a little cloudy but will clear nicely in time. Will send you a bottle when it's completed if you like.

Latest posts

Back