Making strawberry juice for backsweetening

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazaruni

Reaction score
HI there,
I have some strawberry wine that is totally dry, totally clear and tastes pretty good. I'd like to make some new fresh strawberry juice, sweeten it, and use it with sorbate to backsweeten a little. Problem is I don't want it to get cloudy and stay cloudy. I should've saved some juice in the first place! How should I get clear strawberry juice now? I was thinking of soaking some cut up strawberries in white grape juice for sweetness and some extra flavor, but should I add pectic enzyme and campden to this juice?

Thanks!

HI there,
I have some strawberry wine that is totally dry, totally clear and tastes pretty good. I'd like to make some new fresh strawberry juice, sweeten it, and use it with sorbate to backsweeten a little. Problem is I don't want it to get cloudy and stay cloudy. I should've saved some juice in the first place! How should I get clear strawberry juice now? I was thinking of soaking some cut up strawberries in white grape juice for sweetness and some extra flavor, but should I add pectic enzyme and campden to this juice?

Thanks!

Adding any kind of juice back will likely cloud the wine, and it will need to be cleared again, though it should be quicker. A pectic enzyme addition will typically help clear any pectin-containing juice.

Juice from frozen berries works well to boost strawberry. But it won't sweeten. Taste it, it needs sugar as juice.
It will cloud if you add juice

Back