Making Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donatelo

Reaction score
On Oct 15 I started a 6 gal RJS brand Chardonnay kit. I added the Bentonite supplied with the kit and a 49 oz can of peach puree from the wine store. After setting up the SG was 1,110. Followed directions.
On Oct 23 I did the secondary fermentation . SG was .994
Today is Nov 4th. SG is .997. Wine is very cloudy. Additives were in the kit. Racked into another bucket and degassed for 25 minutes total, adding Sulphite, Potassium Sorbate, Kieselsol, and Chitosan per instructions. in order called out. Then siphoned back into the cleaned carboy.

I have GELATIN product and wonder if I should add.to the wine to aid clearing because of the peach puree .

To add or not to add. That is the question.

Semper Fi, Smoke em if you got em.

On Oct 15 I started a 6 gal RJS brand Chardonnay kit. I added the Bentonite supplied with the kit and a 49 oz can of peach puree from the wine store. After setting up the SG was 1,110. Followed directions.
On Oct 23 I did the secondary fermentation . SG was .994
Today is Nov 4th. SG is .997. Wine is very cloudy. Additives were in the kit. Racked into another bucket and degassed for 25 minutes total, adding Sulphite, Potassium Sorbate, Kieselsol, and Chitosan per instructions. in order called out. Then siphoned back into the cleaned carboy.

I have GELATIN product and wonder if I should add.to the wine to aid clearing because of the peach puree .

To add or not to add. That is the question.

Semper Fi, Smoke em if you got em.

You refer to a “gelatin producer”. Before you move forward, what EXACTLY is the gelatin product??

I stated gelatin PRODUCT
It is Gelatin by BSG. The wine store employee assured me that this is what everyone that makes a fruit wine uses to clear it.

Directions: Water soluble product. dissolve .2 to .5 grams per gallon in a small amount of water. Let the solution stand before adding.

Not sure if the peach puree has pectic enzyme in it, if not then that is what you will need to get the wine to clear

Thx, My advantage is that time is on my side. Plenty of time to decide .

We shall drink no wine before its time. before its time before its time!

I stated gelatin PRODUCT
It is Gelatin by BSG. The wine store employee assured me that this is what everyone that makes a fruit wine uses to clear it.

Directions: Water soluble product. dissolve .2 to .5 grams per gallon in a small amount of water. Let the solution stand before adding.

Yes, you said product, but auto correct liked producer better.

Sounds like you have a product designed for wine, which is what I was looking for. We’ve seen folks add gelatin from the grocery store, which causes issues.

Back