Mailing wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The planes that UPS and FEDEX us are cargo type planes so they are all cargo area and also have people that are in that space to they pressurize them the same as they would a cabin.
Fedex locaction have Mailing tubes that can be cut to size. just wrap bottle in bubble wrap and put in tube and tape the ends with a little padding on each end ... works great for us.

oh ya... don't try and mail the tubes ... put them in a box

Get a legit wine bottle mailing box from your local wine shop. This should be sturdy styrofoam in a cardboard box fit to the styrofoam forms. They come in 2-12 bottle sizes. Don't tell them it's wine, and if UPS or FedEx asks, it's "juice" which is not lying. Also, wrap the bottles in newspaper to keep them from shifting in the forms. FYI shipping booze across state borders or within certain states is illegal and they will most likely NEVER call you or care. Cheers!

I have flown commercial with sealed and wrapped bottles in my bags several times. Never had an issue, but now I'm guaranteed a failure...

I have flown commercial with sealed and wrapped bottles in my bags several times. Never had an issue, but now I'm guaranteed a failure...

It is ok to personally transport the wine to most states.
UPS and FEDEX have Company policies that restrict shipments.
FEDEX says not at all UPS says you have to be a "Partner" with a contract and they will ship for you but it costs a couple hundred dollars a year.

Just don't try and send it USPS that is illegal.

Other wise you are golden

Latest posts

Back