Lunch Invitation June 4th

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are very nice places. After being on the road and eating out all of the time for the tens years you get tired of the same ol franchise places.

Bravo's is great. We will eat at a rest. frequently during the summer. To busy doing misc. stuff we don't feel like cooking.

However today I took my wife and step daughter to KFC. My wife got an odd urge for the extra crunchy chicken strips.

I can eat for 5-6 bucks. The bill was $28.00 What the heck did you order. My s.d. got the whole meal plus extras. I'm leavin' her home next time.

Bravo's is great. We will eat at a rest. frequently during the summer. To busy doing misc. stuff we don't feel like cooking.

However today I took my wife and step daughter to KFC. My wife got an odd urge for the extra crunchy chicken strips.

I can eat for 5-6 bucks. The bill was $28.00 What the heck did you order. My s.d. got the whole meal plus extras. I'm leavin' her home next time.

$28 for three people at KFC?
american $8.50 each?

is that a combo? ie.. chicken, drink and chips or something?

in NZ a combo is $8 to $9..so it sounds like 40% cheaper for the same thing here. ( possibly differs now the US dollar is weaker)

Steve... I foresee a trip to NZ in your future

$28 for three people at KFC?
american $8.50 each?

is that a combo? ie.. chicken, drink and chips or something?

in NZ a combo is $8 to $9..so it sounds like 40% cheaper for the same thing here. ( possibly differs now the US dollar is weaker)

Steve... I foresee a trip to NZ in your future

My "box" meal was @5 bucks. 3 or 4 chix strips, potato wedges, roll and a drink. I guess what might make it easy to compare would be to find a common rest, or brand and get a price from different continents from those on here.

The dollar is weak.

The only places that really interest me visiting (outside the US) would be Australia (not excited about the snakes), NZ, Easter Island etc. Let me see how many points I need on my Chase card to get a ticket to NZ.

No snakes in NZ..

however...

KFC.. Subway.. McD...Burger King are here..

same thing? less painful?

Allie

oh man! to bad i gotta teacher confrence that day! ....oh an that its a heckofa drive LOL! yall have fun next time go for philly, its only 1.5 /2 hrs away!!! LOL!!!
You can come to my wine club meeting on the 13th. Tis maybe 45 min away. Will be @ MY house.

Wine across the border is easy, I do it all the time(Saturday)just tell them. You pay by Value and I puit value at what it cost to make. The Blackberry I took this weekend cost 8 cents a bottle to make. Customs does the math and cant figure out how to charge me 1/2 cent and dont want to do paperwork and send me on my way. It has worked that way a lot of times. I never lie to customs. ...

KFC.. Subway.. McD...Burger King are here..
same thing? less painful? Who are you kiddin,Allie,no pain? it hurts to eat that stuff

Any ideas on a location yet? Weather as of this morning looks decent for Friday (yeah, maybe my daughters graduation will be outdoors instead of the stuffy auditorium). I'm game for just about anywhere. I know there is a Lone Star, an Applebees, a Max and Ermas and not sure what else in the area.

You can come to my wine club meeting on the 13th. Tis maybe 45 min away. Will be @ MY house.

45 min from philly? north or south?? hmmmmm we are just shy of 2.5 hrs south of philly ...

the 13th is a no go cuz my MIL is coming into BWI. she will be leaving on the 15th with my daughter (OMG 2.5 weeks with no child whatever will i do)

I'll have to build up some more leave at work. We'll have to find another time to hang out.

45 min from philly? north or south?? hmmmmm we are just shy of 2.5 hrs south of philly ...

the 13th is a no go cuz my MIL is coming into BWI. she will be leaving on the 15th with my daughter (OMG 2.5 weeks with no child whatever will i do)
Oh I thought you guys lived near Wilmington. Yiou must be alot further south.

tom, im south of dover by the town of harrington. dont know if uve heard of it , its freking tiny but its the biggest one im near :) my town if u blink u miss it LOL! i go to wilmington alot to get my brew and wine supplies cuz thats the closet store :)

and to the rest of yall
:p
hahahah

Last edited:
Hi Julie/Steve/Doug,
Would you mind if I joined the lunch? Seeing that I live and work in Cranberry, it would be quite easy for me to meet up. Since I've only just started this hobby, I really have nothing to offer in the way of wine. It would be nice for me to have an opportunity to learn from you masters!
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Julie/Steve/Doug,
Would you mind if I joined the lunch? Seeing that I live and work in Cranberry, it would be quite easy for me to meet up. Since I've only just started this hobby, I really have nothing to offer in the way of wine. It would be nice for me to have an opportunity to learn from you masters!
Thanks,
Dave

It was an open invitation. I believe we are still trying to determine a place to meet up. I'm very new to the hobby also. We've actually been making the Island mist kits so that others can age, I won't have anything of really aged either at this time. I'm slowly working on that though.

Hi Julie/Steve/Doug,
Thanks,
Dave

Dave I was hoping you would join us. The newest member buys. :)

Since you will be working and in Cranberry we can plan around your schedule to make it work. We will decide by tonight exactly where to eat in Cranberry. Do you have any ideas...as I keep saying except Penera Bread!:gb
Julie and I will be stopping at Country Wines first. I don't mind the two hour drive even though Nikkie whimmped out..LOL

Dan,
Thanks. Since I'm buying I recommend McDonald's.

I can be flexible with my lunch hour. I see that Country Wines doesn't open until 11:30. I would guess that you wouldn't be back up in Cranberry until at least 1. Pick a time and I can make it work.

As for restaurants, as you know Cranberry is mostly chains, nothing too exciting. I am not picky, so anything is fine with me. I see that Bravo and Walnut Grove have been mentioned, which are good choices. As far as semi-non-chain places that I can think of: Mad Mex, Ichiban, Primanti's.

Back