• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking to purchase: 6 gallon glass carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatud4life

Future wine & SP maker
Reaction score
Hello all!!! Marc here. I'm looking to purchase 8 6 gallon carboys. I'm purchasing one of Steve's all in one vacuum pumps in a couple of months and won't be able to use my better bottles. :( Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated!!!

The last time I had to buy carboys was over 10 years ago. Boy have they gotten expensive. Definitely wait for the sales.

Excellent suggestions above. My last purchase was 16 carboys for $100. I turned around and sold them for 3/$50 which I thought was an great offering to other winemakers. All completed on Craigs List.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last order of these was March of 2011, but I could've sworn somebody on WMT reported buying them recently than that.

It's the shipping that makes it such a good deal. I would gladly pay a bit more to a LHBS. If I had one.

Glass Carboys have gotten really expensive, I was looking at getting 3 more but at 120$ ea(and that was the cheapest i could find) i wasnt willing. watch garage sales and estate sales I have found that they are found in some and the seller has it full of pennies. I found my last one that way, I had to buy a bag of penny rolls and empty the carboy out but it was worth it.

My last order of these was March of 2011, but I could've sworn somebody on WMT reported buying them recently than that.

It's the shipping that makes it such a good deal. I would gladly pay a bit more to a LHBS. If I had one.

Bob, I just checked my Amazon account and I ordered two on 3-7-12. That is the last time I remember seeing them on Amazon.

keep checking Craigslist. I picked up a combination of 30 five and mostly 6 gallon glass carboys last year for around $220.

Wow!!! Thanks guys!! I've found them for $32 so far. My LHBS has them for $50 I think. Hopefully I can find some. Thanks for the link!!!

Yes, i put the wrong date n my previous post. I believe there was a thread in March/April 12, not 11. So hopefully it is nearly time for another sale. I have to pay $46 each so a sale would be great if it was $30-35 with no shipping.

Back