Lonely Wine ?@!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Racked my Pinot Noir last night and set it aside to age alittle. This is our first kit and my daughter was a little concerned for it's welfare. She deemed it was lonely and needed to correct this serious circumstance. Here is herhandy work:
smiley32.gif

20080425_204241_Lonely_Wine_2.jpg
Edited by: Jeff H

It warms my heart to see things like that. I was the queen of giving emotions to inanimate objects as a child. This picture causes me to think of my own children and how they would put their heart into things like this.
smiley32.gif

Now that's cute!!!!

I see your wine rack looks lonely too...Perhaps a few more carboys going would make everyone happy.

Id be suspicious of curios George here. If you see him with a straw Id dble. check the level of your carboy!
smiley4.gif

I agree, Wade! George is looking his mischievous self!
smiley2.gif

Jeff, your photo made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that! I needed it badly!

I think that this starts a completely new sport/hobby/interest/collection - WINE PEOPLE!!!! We could make little resin wine people doing things like harvesting/crushing/pressing/bottling/aging and even making great labels like Joan and others and more. There could be little female wine people and little men wine people and even little children wine people. It could be a one-a-month release with limited production and and and and - well, after ruminating on this kinda sounds like fun. Anybody got some ideas on this? If anybody does this - I want a cut!~!! I think that I am getting 'corky' again.

Let me hear from you all - - - - like TY on Extreme Home Makeover says:
"let's do it".!!!!!

Joan,

I checked on George today and he seems to be behaving himself.

I'm glad we could give you (and everyone else who posted) a smile and a good laugh.

Jeff& Kelly

Northern Winos said:
Now that's cute!!!!

I see your wine rack looks lonely too...Perhaps a few more carboys going would make everyone happy.

NW - yeppers I agree...but have a plan to correct the wine rack situation - I just have to let nature do it's thing! Pinot Noir in the carboy, Chardonnay in the primary and Shiraz still in the box (Hope to start it tomorrow night).

HEY,NO AGING DOLLS SOME OF US ARE ALL READY THERE AND DON"T NEED TO BE REMINDED buy a bobble head
smiley36.gif

Well, My 3 carboys made the trek from the apartment to the new house. Although a little shaken and dusty they are in their new home in the closet where it is dark and cool. They don'tlook as cozy asyours do Jeff. They all three fit into a heavy bbq grill box and we packed foam around them and they rode pretty well in the back of the pick up.
Ramona
20080429_073003_100_3992_Small.jpg

Ramona...glad you are getting settled into your new home.

Imagine your wines got de-gassed in their journey....looks like you have room for lots of carboys in there.

Ramona,

Glad your trip was uneventful and everyone made it safely. I think you may have found a new method to de-gas
smiley29.gif
. Good luck in your new place.

Jeff

P.S. Many moons ago I lived in Katy, Texas.Edited by: Jeff H

Jeff,
My address is Katy, Tx but not Katy Proper. I'm at Barker Cypress and 529.

It's the closest thing to county at the edge of the city.

Ramona

rgecaprock said:
Jeff,
My address is Katy, Tx but not Katy Proper. I'm at Barker Cypress and 529.

It's the closest thing to county at the edge of the city.

Ramona

Wow - small world. I lived off of Barker Cypress and west on Clay Road. But this was back in 1989 - 90.

Latest posts

Back