lingonberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roncito

Junior
Reaction score
has anyone tried their hands at lingonberry wine? got some concentrate and started it a month ago.
1.045 OG and starting gravity of 1.085 after sugar. after one month it's sitting at 1.040. can't wait to try it.
hope it drops more soon so I can bottle it.

What temperature was the wine at, and how warm is the new area?

I ferment my fall wines at 63-70 F (varies with the weather) and rarely have any issues, but I also make an overnight yeast starter, which makes a tremendous difference in getting the ferment to take off.

I ferment my fall wines at 63-70 F (varies with the weather) and rarely have any issues, but I also make an overnight yeast starter, which makes a tremendous difference in getting the ferment to take off.
Hello
Its between 67 and 73
Now it’s in an area that’s about 71.

What yeast starter do you use?
Thank you
R

Would I add all of that to the one gallon of wine that I have?
Would I in addition add more yeast ?
One 5 to 6 g yeast packet is designed for 1 to 6 US gallons of wine (4 to 23 liters). It's generally not recommended to try to divide a yeast packet, as the potential for the remainder to fizzle is relatively high. Generally speaking, the yeast is the least expensive ingredient, but it's by far the most important, as ensuring you have a strong yeast colony is critical.

IMO, make the starter and add it, if the must volume is between 4 and 23 liters.

One 5 to 6 g yeast packet is designed for 1 to 6 US gallons of wine (4 to 23 liters). It's generally not recommended to try to divide a yeast packet, as the potential for the remainder to fizzle is relatively high. Generally speaking, the yeast is the least expensive ingredient, but it's by far the most important, as ensuring you have a strong yeast colony is critical.

IMO, make the starter and add it, if the must volume is between 4 and 23 liters.
thanks again for your help.
don't know what went array here this time.
Ill give it a try .

I just checked my notes and it looks like I used the same yeast - Red Star Premiere Classique - when I made 1 gallon lingonberry from lingonberry syrup.

Mine didn't get stuck, but I did have it on a heating pad set to 75°F.

Good luck! I plan to make another 1 gallon batch soon but will probably choose a different yeast. Not sure which yet. No reason other than I don't have any of the Red Star left. 😁

Latest posts

Back