Line post spacin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyRam

Reaction score
What spacing should I use for my line post. Will stretching out the spacing to 32' be to far?

That certainly is approaching the length extreme. What is your vine spacing and row spacing. Also what material are your line posts?

Material: steel T-post.
Row spacing: 8'
Vine spacing: one row 8', and two rows at 6'

The problem is that I am getting tight, but at the same time I am only saving about $50. After thinking this through a little more I am going to go ahead and spend the extra $50, and put my line post at 24'. I have a feeling that if I don't I will end up adding some extra line post anyway; if that is the case it will cost me more in the long run. I am thinking that 30'-32' between post is going to put a lot of weight on the wire. Murphy's law will come in to play for sure. "try and save save save, you are going to pay pay pay"

Also consider 24 is divisble by both 6 and 8 so gives spacing between the vines and posts all equal. 32 foot would work for 8 foot but not 6. I would opt for that for sure.

Back