Lime margarita

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnsfarms

Reaction score
I made a lime margarita per the recipe found here. It's really tart and strong in line flavor. But I'd like to tone it down. What can I do? It's so strong that it's not drinkable in taste not alcohol Too twangy.

I made a lime margarita per the recipe found here. It's really tart and strong in line flavor. But I'd like to tone it down. What can I do? It's so strong that it's not drinkable in taste not alcohol Too twangy.

Need way more information than you have listed but here are some generic answers.

1. Cut down on the amount of lime used.
2. Backsweeten it or if you did, add more sugar.
3. Give it time and it may mellow.

Again, just educated guesses as I have no idea what recipe you used or the process(es) you used to get to your finished product.

Lime skeeterpee. Have back sweetened. Followed to the t it's just really lime tasting I guess from the key lime. Has aged about 6 Mtsc now it taste great other than the heavy lime taste. Just wanted to soften that part down

Lime skeeterpee. Have back sweetened. Followed to the t it's just really lime tasting I guess from the key lime. Has aged about 6 Mtsc now it taste great other than the heavy lime taste. Just wanted to soften that part down

Try pouring a glass and adding a little simple syrup. If that works, then some simple, additional sweetening is all you need.

Make yourself another batch of skeeter pee without the lime. Blend them til you get the taste you like. Arne.

Latest posts

Back