WineXpert Lees thickness?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike777

Reaction score
Put in the last packs and stirred that first kit. The Lees are about twice as thick as when in secondary and not nearly as compact as some of the of pictures here.

Do they compact down hard during the final 14 days or are some just settled down thick and loose?

Its a WE Cab Sav, nothing fancy, just the bulk version.

With time comes compaction although extensive time on Lees is not good.
Are these Lees transferred from primary or are thse mainly from
secondary.

Only a very tiny bit transferred from the primary. This is mostly yeast from the secondary, and they were about 3/4 inch solid layer before the last packets but now about 1 and 3/4 and a bit loose. They got a good spin with the drill like it said each time, and I had it under 20 of vacuum with almost no bubbles at all.

Might be I need to order some of that patience from George. I better buy the big box so It lasts.
smiley36.gif

Mike777, I added the stabilizers and clearing agent to my IM Black Raspberry Merlot last night, here is how it looks.
20070322_180604_DSCN2847_Medium.JPG

They might be right about the same. I think they look very close so I will just be patient, and let it be for a while.

Thanks for the picture. I feel much better now.

I have the Blackberry cab finishing up and ready to go to secondary on Saturday.

My wife just got home with store bought so I have to go.

Latest posts

Back