Cellar Craft Late Harvest Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly*guy

Reaction score
I'm in need of my Primary fermenting bucket and would like to move my Late Harvest Riesling to glass, even though the instructions would like it to stay in the primary till an SG of 1.000. If I Stir up the lees can I move it without hurting the process?

(SG of 1.000 is almost finished anyway.... I'm at 1.016 now, would move tomorrow when SG would be even lower by then)

All other kits that I have done ask you to move the wine to glass around 1.010 & 1.020.

You can rack it over now if you wish as you are not far off at all and if the directions tell you to stir the lees up then by all means do so but if not dont do as you are very close and not needed.

Thank you Wade,
As always I appreciate your assistance.
I will need to re-read the instructions once again before doing anything with the lees, just though if it was going to be awhile in the fermentation that I might want to take as much with me into the carboy as I could, but I tend to agree that if it is almost finished that I probably can't hurt much leaving some behind.
Thing with this kit that I wasn't sure of is that they tell you to ferment at a lower then usual temp,(65 to 70 F), to help the yeast bring out better Aroma in this white wine, which in turn seriously lengthens the time in the primary.

Latest posts

Back