Last bottle of Vintners Reserve Pino Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCAD

Reaction score
I know that the kit is a middle-of-the-line offering, but I made it 3 years ago before I found out that high-end kits are the right way to go.

Anyhow, I opened the last bottle, bottled in January, 2010 last night. The wine was perfect! All 29 other bottles seemed to be a bit on the sour side for a Pino Noir, and I don't even remember how long ago I drank most of them, probably within 18 months of bottling.

Time does wonders, even with less-than-stellar kits!

Yep,

I have a couple of bottles from kits made 3.5 years ago that were just "OK". Now I wish I had held back a few more...... :(

DoctorCad, I was fairly impressed with this kit not 30 days after a buddy made it, I am starting to appreciate wine Kits, my biggest mistake in kit making was trying a RJ Spagnoles German Gewurztraminer, it really isn't for me, not my taste, it almost stopped me from ever considering making another Kit.

Looks like you are back to the primary again Doc. But 3 years is a long time to wait. Hope you have something to sample in the mean time. :h Good luck with it, Arne.

Looks like you are back to the primary again Doc. But 3 years is a long time to wait. Hope you have something to sample in the mean time. :h Good luck with it, Arne.

Don't worry, I have made several hundred gallons since then to keep me going.

If you check the results of Pinots in the Winemaker Magazine contest, there is always a Vintners Reserve kit in the winners column. A few years back a VR Pinot Noir won best in class for Pinots. It's not a bad kit.

If you check the results of Pinots in the Winemaker Magazine contest, there is always a Vintners Reserve kit in the winners column. A few years back a VR Pinot Noir won best in class for Pinots. It's not a bad kit.

Yep, just takes some time

Back