Labels: Where do I start?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice label - I will give that a download - I did actually make some labels but haven't gotten around to posting them yet - they are pretty simple though - but hey - my first attempt. Once we get power back at home I will try to post them - stupid storms.

Edited by: univity

A little over a year ago I read in another forum about printing labels on nice quality plain paper, then spray with a couple light coats of acrylic sealer (from a craft store) so they won't bleed. Turn the label over and coat it with milk using a pastry brush and apply to the bottle. Be careful to get it straight the first time, because it will stick quickly. Once the bottle is empty you simply soak it about 1 minute in dish water and the label floats off. The albumen in the milk is what makes it stick.

An Elmers Glue Stick works great. You can get them with a purple/blue tint that you can use to see where you are applying the glue. It will fade to invisable.....and they soak off...very easily. Don'tknow about the milk. But if you are as old asI am, you might remember making a paste of flour and milk as a glue. I know laser printers are expensive(ink cartridges). but they do produce a very professional label. Ink jet tends to be a little washed out colorwise. The polyurethene will bring out those colors a little more if you don't have a laser printer.

I have even used the spray polyurethene on the laser printed labels. It gives them a very rich color and almost a texture.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

I never thought of spraying laser labels. Great idea, Ramona! I like the idea of richer colors! Richer is always better!
smiley4.gif
I will try that!

Back