Label Removal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100 cases, you are a crazy man and if I had that many I would be the 1 getting recycled! God bless your wife for putting up with you!
smiley36.gif
With me finishing my basement I dont have any room right now for anything. I have my new box spring down there as it wont fit up the stairs to our bedroom and thats OK as it wont be too much longer before we are in our new room as long as nothing else happens. Seems like every time i try and get started on this basement something goes wrong which sucks up the money that we put aside for doing the basement and i refuse to take money out of the bank as it never seems to make it back in.
Edited by: wade

mississippi mud said:
What kind of a sink do you have that holds 30 bottles? or is it a tub?

I have a double tub laundry sink, that will hold on average 3 cases and a case of the thinner balisimo bottles in one half, leaving the other half for rinsing.

Wade: I have an absolute Saint for a wife............ and she likes to drink wine..... that helps me in my endeavors, be it wine making or other......
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

I went to the Winery on Monday and they had about 12 cases ready for me. Mind you, these 12 cases are setting next to a recycle dumpster that his 1/2 full as well.......... 40 to 50 cases available at any time, of various sizes and styles of bottles. Right now all I need are the thin Balisimo bottles, clear bottles and all the 375ML's that I can get, since they are what I use the most of. Out of the 12 cases, I sorted through and kept 4 cases of the ones I want, and threw the rest in the recycle dumpster, and I'll do it again on Friday. It's been truely a gift that I have this available to me and for the longest time, I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and say no, or leave any behind. But now, my friends that make wine have their closets, garages and storage sheds full........ so they are stock piling out of control........... we took a final count by the way.......... 121 cases and counting................ nice problem to have.

You get the Bellisima bottles for free to, you lucky Son of a !@#$%.
those are expensive as I bought 1 case for the La Bodega Port and was
shocked at the price vs, regular bottles. Oil, I finally had my brother
over to finish roughing in all the electrical so I just started sheet
rocking in the stairway wher the old stairs are and will be replaced
and also had to build all the parts for the stairs and pay for them.
$600 for all the stair lumber and i pre made all of it but will have to
assemble all in place as the walls are so bad. The upper floor is all
plaster and very inconsistent where Im matching up 5/8 sheetrock so the
blending in is really taking some time. Ive been using Bondo as its
stronger, dries faster, and will fill in holes from shotty workmanship
performed when this house was built originally. I should be installing
the stairs in the next week hopefully. money was tough as my furnace
had problems and then my car so that set things back a few weeks also.
Here is the old stairway with sheet rock and one coat of compound on 1
side. and then some of the basement with stuff piled every where as
most of this stuff is stored under the stairs typically. Slow battle
but moving ahead at a decent pace now.
20080227_205831_Stairway.jpg

20080227_205945_Stairway_to_win.jpg

removing label? I only mess with the water soluble ones now. Otherwise too much time gets wasted, whereas with water soluble all you need is soapy water. I've done the scraping and the chemicals, but some glues, and any non water soluble, will just take more effort. I get my bottles from a french restaurant and know which ones are water soluble, for the most part. you can test it with a fingernail and see if there is sticky glue, but you cannot always tell if it's a water soluble type or not unless you are familiar with that brand.
It's the same with buying labels, as you can save later headaches by only using the wet and stick kind

Back