Mosti Mondiale Kits with the ALLGRAPE Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked the OVZ to glass yesterday. After squeezing out the mesh bag with the ALLGRAPE contents I ended up with about 6.5 - 6.75 gallons of wine. Yum!!

Sure, now I read this thread.....
I just pitched the yeast on a Meglioli Old Vine Zin and I thought that 7.9 bucket looked a little full.....
smiley36.gif

125768097.jpg

Try your hardest to keep the temps down in the primary (72-74) so it will ferment out a little slower and hopefully not boil over. It may be next to impossible considering your location unless your in Flag or someplace that's relatively still cool even in the Summer!

May want to split it between two fermenters if you have another one until the initial fermentation has slowed down

If you don't have a second fermentation bucket you could just put part of it in a glass carboy and let it go untill fermentation slows then add them back together.

I would hate to see you lose even a drop of that kit.

BOB

Well it's day two and it is fermenting very well, nothing blowing out the top - yet....

I think I'll cross my fingers and hope it all stays in the bucket!

I have just finished three CC Showcase kits and they didn't fill the bucket quite that full.
I think I like the MM 23 liter offerings better.

Thanks for all the help, I'll need it for a while....

The Meg kits are very nice with all juice and skins, its the way to go, just wish the price was a little lower but quality equals $

wade said:
The Meg kits are very nice with all juice and skins, its the way to go, just wish the price was a little lower but quality equals $

Yeah, I think you do get what you pay for.

I like the CC Showcase but I'm finding it a bit thin which is why I alluded to the MM Meglioli.

I'm thinking of doing a MM Original Petite Syrah, bottling it then blending it after uncorking with the CC wines to give them a bit more body - do you think I'm off base???

Are you topping off with water or wine. "Thin" is not something we normally hear from the CC Showcase kits!

AZ Sky said:
I like the CC Showcase but I'm finding it a bit thin which is why I alluded to the MM Megliol

AZ Sky said:
wade said:

I like the CC Showcase but I'm finding it a bit thin which is why I alluded to the MM Meglioli.

I'm thinking of doing a MM Original Petite Syrah, bottling it then blending it after uncorking with the CC wines to give them a bit more body - do you think I'm off base???

I have made the All Juice PS and I found very disapointing - Not much PS character at all instead it is an OK medium weight table wine and all of the CC showcase wines I have made have been much better. I have never found the CC Showcase to be thin but if you want a little more roundness I would try some Biolees or similar product instead of blending at this point.

OK your breaking my heart here as th AJ PS was on my short list of kits to start this Summer. Please tell us/me more. How old is it as of today or the last time you opened a bottle? Did you deviate from the instructions at all or by the book? I wonder if adding one of the Syrah Grape packs would help it out ?

nanook37 said:
I have made the All Juice PS and I found very disapointing - Not much PS character at all instead it is an OK medium weight table wine..... 

nanook37 said:
AZ Sky said:
wade said:

I have made the All Juice PS and I found very disapointing - Not much PS character at all instead it is an OK medium weight table wine and all of the CC showcase wines I have made have been much better. I have never found the CC Showcase to be thin but if you want a little more roundness I would try some Biolees or similar product instead of blending at this point.

OK - I'm a newbie here, what are biolees???
smiley9.gif

"Biolees" imparts a perception of sweetness and mouthfeel immediately that would normally take a few months of sur lie barrel aging and battonage. It is added during primary fermentation or toward the close of malolactic fermentation.

Latest posts

Back