King of the North

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehlenrg

Junior
Reaction score
Several months ago, probably longer, I sent a message concerning some of the vines I had a few of which were King of the North supposedly "discovered" in a Madison WI neighborhood. Some people wanted me to report after I made some wine from the vines.

I only had about 3# of King of the North and about 3# of Edelweis when I harvested in 08. So I just blended all the grapes and made a Jack Keller 6# Concord recipe. I also made some Concord using the same recipe with grapes from my neighbor. I'm happy to report that the blend was far better than the straight Concord at least in my opinion. Not nearly as "foxy" and a lot smoother. I did add 2Tbs glyercine and back sweetened to a semi-dry.

This year I've gpt enough King to do a 1 gallon batch on its own. We have a club judging contest coming up that I'd like to see how the blend does in. Only problem with one bottle left I'm thinking maybe I'll just enjoy it myself.

That is great news Bob. I am glad it turned out good. My vote would be to put that last bottle away to get some age, then check it out.

Latest posts

Back