Just purchased a vacuum pump. What say ye?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one more suggestion for you. When you're using that pump, keep a window open so if it gets away from you, your house won't collapse.

ok, so I finally used my pump to rack a mess of wines this evening. Being mechanically challenged, it took me a minute or two to figure out the set up. But once I got everything together, it operated as advertised. I made quick work of 6 different wines in 45 minutes.

The next task will be to figure out how to bottle.

Hokapsig,
What vacuum pump do you use? I am thinking of buying a vacuum pump. I use Better Bottles so I know I have allowances I'll need to make. My biggest obstacle will be in degassing.

looking for a vacuum system

I really wish you would have contacted me before purchasing something like this unless you only paid like $20. I dont sell these anymore but have a contact with a seller who sells a great product that is complete getting all the add ons will probably end up costing you same as a brand new pump complete.

Wade,
Who is your contact for setting up a vacuum pump with all the add ons? I use Better Bottle carboys and use a mini Buon Filter system.

Born2wine

Hokapsig,
What vacuum pump do you use? I am thinking of buying a vacuum pump. I use Better Bottles so I know I have allowances I'll need to make. My biggest obstacle will be in degassing.

I got the All in one vac pump, which I can highly endorse. Even for someone as mechanically challenged as me, I was able to set up and have used it to make quick work of degassing and transferring wines. See vaccuumpumpman on this site. Best money ever spent for father's day...

Unfortunately vacuum pumps cannot be used with Better Bottles...not for their full intent and purposes anyway. You will collapse the Better Bottle when you apply a pressure to it. I told Steve of All In One the only thing he needs to figure out is how we can use Better Bottles with vacuum pumps. So I always keep a few glass carboys around.

Latest posts

Back