Just made an observation!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I bottled a homemade Welches Niagara a couple of weeks ago. ABV was 15%.....a little hot. I found that if you chill it super cold that is it so smooth and fruity that it is hard to keep it stored away. It was my first try at a Welches and I'm surprised and enjoying it immensely!!!

Ramona

Ramona,

Next batch try a handful of oak in the secondary. I only have 3 bottles out of 25 left.
smiley19.gif
Yummy!

Curt,

I did exactly that...added a handfull of oak....that is one of the reasons it is so good!!!

Ramona

I noticed also that the Niagara is a very high sugar concentrate. I made some last year and diluted according to a recipe. The SG was 1.120. That would have made a very sweet or very powerful wine, so I added more concentrate, diluted down to 1.085 and changed a gallon batch to 3 gallons. It also turned out pretty well, although some day I want to filter it and rebottle. It was one of the first batches I made and I used Campden tabs in it and got a good case of white flake floaties.
smiley18.gif

Overall it makes a fairly good cheap wine.

Latest posts

Back