WineXpert Just Doing My Part

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20071017_034616_zinrack_Medium.jpg

Day 8, SG down to 1.01, so she's goin to glass! Love the color on this one.

20071017_035542_zinracko_Medium.jpg

Tried to get a better pic, but I gotta be stealthy early in the morning after working all night, cant wake up the Mrs.
smiley36.gif

I almost did when I saw the newest member Pookee, and started laughing...I've called my better half Pooky for years, even made the label for this one for her.
20071017_040019_ZINLABEL_Medium.JPG
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

20071023_181505_zinstab_Medium.jpg

SG was .995 last two days, so today Stabilized (metabisulphite and sorbate)and added clearing agents (chitosan). Took a couple extra days to get here, cooler temps slowed ferment down a little. Check to see clarity infourteen days, good thing since I'm off on vacation next week, headed to Wisconsin. At least I have until the 37th before need to check on it.
smiley36.gif

JWMINNESOTA said:
At least I have until the 37th before need to check on it.
smiley36.gif

37th ???????

They have different calendars up in the north I guess................
smiley36.gif

30 days has September, Apri,l June and November. All the rest have 31 except February with 28(except for leap year). Now that's only eleven. But wait, then thereis October with 37.

With Tuesday being the 37th, thought Id sample the zin/shiraz. Already has some pretty good flavor, still a little hot of course, but can detect the zin profile coming through. Back to work tonight after a nice week off, but at least I am off Tuesday and can play with this one then, until I will pull vacuum with the vacuvin to help degas fully.

20071104_080447_zzzinshir_Mediu.jpg

20071106_081631_zindone_Medium.jpg

Got'er Done, had to hide a couple since I made for the wife, she likes to give em away
smiley7.gif
Prob try one around May or June, think it will be good!

Very cool/beautiful label along with matching shrinkwraps.
smiley20.gif

Do you print those off yourself with background design and printing on top? Or do you use a predesigned label and just add the print?

The labels are one I believe NW first showed in one of her post. Jobe and NW then started changing / reworking it to make a standard label. I lifted...stole....used...BARROWED
smiley36.gif
a copy from this thread, opened it up in word and added the text.

http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4209&PN=1

I think the colors did go very well with the red shrinks, but if you look at some of the variations they did on it, like NW black and white version, there are a lot of choices that could be done.

I like your label better than the one that Root:1 uses on their bottles...

rootSmall2.jpg

Their's are painted on the glass like enamel...I can't get them off....If I ever use these bottles it will be 'as last resort' and will either just put a label over them or be an early drinker with a strip of masking tape on them.

Latest posts

Back