Juicing With Skins And Seeds?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwarriorsvt

Reaction score
I bought a nice stainless steel steam juicer in hopes of reducing my processing time of my lychee. I know not alot of vintners here have experience with this tropical fruit, but I'd like to ask: What would it hurt to leave the skin and stone in the small fruit? I was thinking just cut open the fruit and juice them like that. The incision would allow the juice to be extracted. The juicer directions say to de-stone fruits first. FYI, the lychee meat is similar to a grape, muscadine, etc. I'm thinking of trying a small batch just to see. Anyone know if off-flavors or bitterness will result from juicing with the skins & stone? Thanks.

I know you don't want to ferment cherry seeds but I have seen a bunch of vids of people steam juicing them with the seeds and stems and they say it makes no difference in the juice that comes out.... don't know about those but I would think it wouldn't matter .... try a hand full each way and taste it and see if there is a difference.

Good luck

Thanks T&K. Thats what I'm gonna do. If it turns out ok, which I suspect it will, the steam juicer will save me HOURS of peeling/de-stoning!

Latest posts

Back