JUG WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After theyre all empty we could have a ho-down!
smiley4.gif

They don't like being empty....but I am running out of ideas of what to put in them....Give me more inspiration>>>>

Need to stroll down the juice isles and dream....These little jugs---'car-babies' take up a lot of room...I need a winemaking room like Masta...or just another room...been looking at the sewing room in a different light lately...seems like wasted space since I don't sew much anymore....hummmm...

Okay....I racked the 3 jugs of Cranberry/Apple wine into clean jugs....tried sucking on the hose...then just poured the wine through a funnel.

I told my Honey I needed an orange caper like we use on the carboys to start a siphon...but they don't make them for a gallon jug.

He took a solid bung out to the shop and drilled a couple holes in it that fits the racking cane....cut down the cane.....and....Voilà

firsttry.jpg

First try...it ain't pretty but it works....Will drill another, maybe a size 6 instead of a size 5...

Picture003Small-1.jpg

He said they probably make things like this in science lab suppliers...or Hookah places....do they still have Hookah places????
afro.gif

*Hope these photos come through this time.....

Got to use my 'home-made' 'gallon jug racking cane/blow-starter' today...

It worked like a charm with just water in the test-run and didn't disappoint me doing the wine........

rackingjuggies.jpg

Got to use the gallon jug brush too...it cleaned those babies right up....it's a must-have for those 'car-babies'.....

What a great idea NW, I'm getting myself a solid bung (or 2) on my next order. I would think this would work well with the 5 or 6 gallon carboys as well if one didn't already have the orange cap.

I'm sure it would work....he used a drill press, it's not prefect holes like the pre-drilled bungs...but we were able to get the racking cane through it....

Cut that racking cane down and will only use it on the gallon jugs...

That was a solid #5...will have him try a #6...but this is working...so will be happy with it....
smiley4.gif

Where did all these juggies come from????
smiley3.gif

Picture005Small-1.jpg

I knew there we a few jugs
smiley2.gif
out in the shed...and never thought I would get to use so many of them...
smiley9.gif

Some are extra wine the same as are in the carboys...and some are batches among themselves....

I am trying to use up all the fruit juices that I had in mason jars before spring work...and the next crop of fruit....Hope there will be crops of fruit this summer...this weather has been rather unpredictable...

What's cookin'
2 6 gallon batches of Chokecherry/Wild Black Cherry
1 6 gallon batch Strawberry/Red Grape
1 6gallon batch Raspberry/Red Grape
1 6 gallon batch Crabbapple/Apple
1 6 gallon batch Apple for Sparkling

Still juice left for Valiant Grape and another Apple for sparkling....then hopefully there will be new fruits to try....Life is Good!!!!
smiley4.gif

I can't see the pic but I heard you can freeze the bungs before drilling them. Edited by: Coaster

We had the bung outside for a few days when we drilled it...Jim waited till it was -27*F and the rubber was still pliable...so it didn't work with ours...

Next time we will use a #6 bung, or a little bigger one......we used a #5 [if I remember right]

I'll try to Post another photo...seems if I delete them from Photo Bucket they no longer show up here...

Chokecherry/wild black cherry sounds really good NW!
smiley17.gif
You are the gallon gal.
Edited by: wade

I so badly want to say "Those are some nice jugs you have there NW"

But I won't........ I have more respect for you than that..................

I'm getting the hell out of the way , I see NW coming straight for ya jobe and she dont be looking too happy !!!
smiley36.gif

jobe05 said:
I so badly want to say "Those are some nice jugs you have there NW"

But I won't........ I have more respect for you than that..................

I was biting my tongue with that one
smiley36.gif
ThanksEdited by: scotty

Waldo said:
I'm getting the hell out of the way , I see NW coming straight for ya jobe and she dont be looking too happy !!!
smiley36.gif

Shucks NAw................

If anyone on this board has a sense of humor, love and zest for life and making it fun, it's NW...............

Latest posts

Back