I've Got Passion For Wine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwarriorsvt

Reaction score
The lilikoi (aka: passion fruit) season is in full swing! Aside from picking some from my neighbors woods, I hired neighborhood kids to go pick for me. Since I've ran out of room in my freezer, these last two rubbish bags full will be steam juiced. Looks like I've got enough for a 5 gallon batch from pure juice plus leftovers for jelly.

IMG_20120826_085813.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20120826_085813.jpg

Last edited:
It does have a great, unique flavor. I ended up steam juicing and got over 3 gallons of juice. Still have a freezer full of frozen pulp as well! :h

What does passion fruit taste like?

Absolutely delicious, not too sweet in my opinion. Very refreshing. Not like any other fruit I've tasted, but it's one of my favorites.

Roadwarrior, I'm kinda jealous of you at at the moment. This fruit would be far too expensive to turn into wine in my area. Best of luck with this one:b

I'd love to taste a passionfruit wine someday, any one know where I might find this type of wine in OH or PA?

I can get a concentrate for 38.95 that makes 5 gallons. I notice the fruit is much more expensive than that. Think I'll go for it. :D

rezod,
Most supermarkets and liquor stores sell commercial made passion fruit wine here locally. Its about $10/bottle. I can send some to whoever wants it if they cover the cost.

Back