WineXpert It's Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashy

Reaction score
So we have the 30 bottles from our first batch, some of which are in the wine fridge, most of which are lying on the floor beneath the sidebar in the hallway. And today we picked up another kit (WE Johannisburg Reisling) and another carboy and a 42-bottle rack, which will go in the kitchen............or the guest bedroom closet..............or, whereever I can fit the dang thing.

But this is the last thing we're purchasing (not counting kits) - I swear!
smiley24.gif

Don't swear Trashy causeI
smiley36.gif
gurantee you buddy that is not the last thing you will be buying

Thats funny trashy, the last thing your gonna buy!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Good luck with that!I hope your next wine comes out even better.

Edited by: wadewade

It wouldn't be so bad, but we were comparing the first batch of WE red zin w/ Sutter Home zin last night, and it wasn't too far off. Considering that mine was only 2 weeks in the bottle, I was encouraged. Encouraged, as in "yeah, we really do need that larger bottle rack" and "I'll bet those water trays for dipping wallpaper would be really handy for washing and sanitizing things!" Encouraged, as in $$$.

But seriously, that water tray thing will work!

http://www.hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=429&sku=784789&

Sure the wallpaper tray should work for cleaning and sanitizing your bottles, I used what I have on hand...plastic wash basin.

JC

I use a plastic wash basin for sanitizing the bottles....use the primary buckets for the long stirring spoon, hoses, thermometer, hydrometer, etc, and swish everything with a turkey baster...store the sanitizing solution in a gallon jug for use again...
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Great idea Trashy, long but doesn't use gallons of meta. I'll be looking for one of these!

[But this is the last thing we're purchasing (not counting kits) - I swear!
smiley24.gif

[/QUOTE]

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Oh Trashy ol' pal ol' friend, I fear we have all used this phrase in the past. Hey Waldo, I'm setting up book 3:1 Any takers out there?

I would like to bet, but I have a vested interest in Trashy buying more stuff. He is close to the store and does not have to pay for shipping!

so I picked up the wallpaper trays today - does that count? Less than $10 for 3, purchased from a hardware store. ....
smiley24.gif

Unless your going to use them to wallpaper your whole house then YES. Eating crow already!

Well, I *could* use it for wallpaper.......um.......................I mean, some day...................

smiley22.gif

Back