WineXpert Island Mist Exotic Fruit White Zinfandel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbayav8er

Reaction score
Anyone done this one before? Early taste tests seem to point to this one being really tasty!

I added 1/2 of the F-pack during primary, because the last IM kit I did was too sweet for my liking. I also added dextrose to get OG to 1.078....Originally, it was only about 1.058, which isn't much stronger than most beer.

I made this for my wife. She said it wasn't her favorite IM kit. It's gone now, so it couldn't have been too bad.

None of the IM kits have a high ABV. Some folks add 4 lbs. sugar to the primary. I find that adding sugar makes it taste like jet fuel. You can use a pound of corn sugar and a litre of grape concentrate to boost the ABV a bit and it won't impart the undesirable harsh flavor.

IMO, the IM kits are meant to be low ABV and tweaking them too much is detrimental to the intended light, fruity characteristic.

I've started my second kit of Island mist this afternoon, and doing like you. Rise up the SG to 1.078 with dextrose, but not use the F-pack. Don't taste any of these kit at this time, but i'm sure it will be a must for the summer heat.
Sure that my wife will love it.:HB

Back