Is triage (sorting) done for both hand picked and machine picked grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfection

Junior
Reaction score
I have heard that high quality wineries sort the grapes after rushing them to the winery post harvesting.

Understanding that the practice is not mandatory, my question is whether this is practiced in cases of manual harvesting only, machine harvesting only or irrespective of the method of harvesting?

I have heard that high quality wineries sort the grapes after rushing them to the winery post harvesting.

Understanding that the practice is not mandatory, my question is whether this is practiced in cases of manual harvesting only, machine harvesting only or irrespective of the method of harvesting?

Perfection, yes this is practiced at most wineries. That is why during harvest you see the winemakers working 12-16 hours a day. Grapes are pressed the same day they are picked and sometimes they don't even arrive until 8pm.

I see you're from India. What is the practice there and what kind of grapes are you harvesting?

Latest posts

Back