WineXpert Is there anyway to save this kit???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callmet

Junior
Reaction score
I think I have totally messed this Luna Bianca kit up. I attempted to try this procedure: http://www.finevinewines.com/Buttery-Chardonnay.htm I followed it to the end of the 5thstep and never racked it into a clearn carboy. Unfortunately it's been sitting in the carboy untouched sincethe final 30 day stirring on 4/28. Is there anyway to salvage this kit or do I need to start over? If so, what should I do??

Thank you in advance for all advice that you can provide.

Trish

First thing WELCOME to the forum....

If you followed the directions with adding the K-meta and topping up ...you shouldn't have a problem...You just gave it a little longer clearing time. Continue on....Hope you enjoy the wine.

Welcome Trish,

I am going to start this same procedure on a chard I have going. I concur with Bert and just go ahead and rack it now and follow through with the rest of the kit instructions and don't worry about the extra time it has been settling...it will be fine.

Everybody is correct. As long as it was under an airlock, you will be fine. I have waited as long as 3 months to stabilize, just don't tell on me!
smiley2.gif

Hey, I will be 59 this July and I am still not stabilized
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Callmet

The only way to salvage it is to bottle it and send it to a proper recycling facility. I happen to own such a facility. For no charge I will properly dispose of it and send you back the empty bottles. Let me know if you want to take advantage of this special offer.
smiley2.gif

earl

Earl,

You are kind beyond words
smiley4.gif
!

I was deeply moved by the offer to return the empties
smiley2.gif

Geocorn

I am only here to offer my humble and heartfelt assistance. I am willing tosacrifice for Callmet to succeed.
smiley2.gif

earl

Back