Mosti Mondiale Impressive Rojo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First250

Reaction score
Racked and stabilized my MMRio Grande Rojo last night. Rookie that I am,after checking the SG I decided to taste it byleaving abitofthe wine in the wine thief, and inserting the end of the WT into my mouth.

I missed . Someof it made a Mikhail Gorbachevon my tee shirt, but the part that I managed toget in my mouthwas impressive!
smiley5.gif
This is only my third kit, but at thisearly stagethe Rojois much, muchbetterthan the 15 L WE merlot was. My confidence is renewed.

Thankyou, George for the recommendation! Can't wait to see just how well this ages!

That's hilarious, or at least I see it that way, envisioning you with the wine thief attempting to taste and not quite having it happen the way you wanted it to.

And George got you to start a very good wine kit, by the way.

Its so awesome to produce an extraordinary wine yourself. Wait till its got some time under its belt and the rewards will be 3 fold!

I had been waiting for this wine to clear and was concerned that it did not pass my flashlight test as my WE 15L Merlot had done (couldn't see the light through the carboy ). in fact absolutely no light penetrated the Rojo 2 weeks after stabilizing.Thought I might need to do something to help it along.George suggested that I put some in a wine glass and take a look at it.Voila! In a glass the winedoes appearclear, just very dark. I can't believe how good this wine tastes already! Thanks again , George, and all youfolkswhocontinue tomake thisnew hobby interesting and fun!

I have heard nothing but rave reviews for that wine kit and it is one of my favorites. Glad to hear you like my recommendation.

Back