If you did it again?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to be a killjoy, but that looks like a 6 foot bush hog, and if it is, it may be a tad much for the 1700. You'd need about a 40 horse model to drive it. I have Kubotas and one of them is a B7510 (about the same HP as the 1700) and I only use a 4 foot deck.

It’s actually a 5 ft bush hog. I used it to clear heavy brush, bitter sweet, wild roses and willows with 2-1/2 inch diameter trunks from the vineyard area (and another 1 acre area - behind the old chicken coop you can see in the pic - future additional vineyard if all goes well) with no problem at all. Then single point plowed several times, followed by York raking to get the planting area as shown in pic. Tractor handled the bush hog very well. I don’t plan to use it for mowing between rows, will use a zero turn mower for that.

I easily run a 6ft mower with my 25 hp JD.

Might be a little late, but I planted what I like to drink. What do you like??

Hello Sage,
Choices were based on what we like and what we can grow here in North East Connecticut. Chardonel for white that gives us options including Oak and Malo - closest varietal to Chardonnay that we can grow. St. Vincent - Chianti like, one of our favorites. Marquette because the local vineyards have good luck with it and it makes a reasonably good solid red. We also felt the Marquette and St Vincent might give us some good blending options.

Back