Ideas on a Homemade Bottle Drying Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the advice of Steve & others here, I bought and received the 25 bottle rack. It was $27 delivered on the Bay. I look forward to using it not only for drying bottles but also for holding bottles while I am filling them with my new AIO pump. Getting it sanitized will be easier than the two step washing & sanitizing I now do with the bottle tree. And spilled bottles after they are filled will be less likely too.

NS

You will defintley will appreciate it!!
Here is another really helpful way to santize your bottles using a surflo pump and some hoses and the bottle washer

DSCN2140 [620x465].JPG

Bailey
That is a great deal !! I will defintley will be telling some of my friends !!

I spray my bottom dishwasher rack with k-meta and set the rinsed bottles upside down on it and let it sit to dry. It holds enough bottles to do the job.

Bailey said:
I picked up two of these today - the ones labeled 'champagne' work great to hold 25 bottles each. No shipping since the store is local - found them with a quick google search for 'used restaurant equipment'. I'll use them to drain after washing then to bottle without worrying about tipping anyone over.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-Racks-USED-/170889048212?pt=BI_Commercial_Refrigerators_Freezers&hash=item27c9c7f094

According to the auction, "champagne" hold 49. It looks like "Sp. Coffee Rack" and "Pilsner Rack" plus a couple others hold 25.

According to the auction, "champagne" hold 49. It looks like "Sp. Coffee Rack" and "Pilsner Rack" plus a couple others hold 25.

Buyer beware then - the ones I picked up DO say "Champagne" on the sides, and they hold 5 rows of 5 bottles. There were several sizes - coffee cup, 'beverage', etc....

Picked 1 of these restaurant racks last week (25 bottle). Today was the first time using the AI1 with the rack. An amazing pair of time savers.

Just get your bottles sanitized and ready, load the rack up and away you go. So efficient plus easy to use.

Joe

vacuumpumpman said:
Joe

I am glad you were able to find it and it helps you. Where did you find it ?

Steve, I picked one up on eBay for around $35. Seller was even kind enough to refund $5 because shipping was a little cheaper!

BTW, thanks for talking me in off the ledge today while bottling. AI1 is certainly worth its weight in gold! I'll make sure I fill the bottles up to the overflow next go around (a SP due in about 3-4 weeks).

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning so I could settle down, relax and watch The Masters...

Joe

Back