Other Ice wine kit recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommBomb

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, in really interested in making a batch of ice wine in the near future. I was hoping to get some recommendations from done of u who may have done a few of these kits. I would love to hear your thoughts people. Thanks in advance.

I did the Wine Expert Riesling Ice Wine style last year. I was asked to make a sweet wine for a relative as I don't drink sweet wines. Folks said it was delicious and it earned a silver medal in the Winemakers Magazine competition. It is a three gallon kit and I bottled it in 375ml Belissimo bottles. If I could have gotten Vignoles I would have. Here is a link to the thread that helped me decide. http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f6/ice-wine-style-vs-sweet-wine-13835/

I've made the WE Cab Franc Icewine kit, and I've liked it. All of the icewines are going to be very sweet, however, so you want to make sure that you're up for that. Some would say that they taste almost like candy. As a friend of mine said once, it's not just a dessert wine...it's dessert.

Latest posts

Back