I think its done....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar309

Reaction score
I finished degassing and put in the potassium metabislufite... now I want to just stop and leave it to bulk age right?? in other words do NOT add the siligel and liquigel yet...

I think everything is taken care of...how do I make sure my sulfite level will be ok?? I also read where some people rack again after 3 months of aging?? my whole plan was to age for 6 months... then bottle so I could enjoy some.. and it can keep ageing in the bottles I didn't drink.. so after a few months should I rack again after some sedement has dropped?

sorry for asking so many questions...
smiley32.gif

You should keep each post together with each wine, this way we dont have the problem of trying to figure out what wine you are talking about. I did some research and found that this is your 3rd maybe 4th separate post on this wine and it really gets hard to follow and also makes it hard to keep the website in order. So since i went way back into all your posts and discovered that this is an all juice kit and that the instructions say that you have to rack and leave behind all sediment then you are in good shape. Did you also put the sorbate in? According to the instructions you can add the siligel and liquigel now unless you are trying not to use a fining agent. If so then leave it out. If you plan on eventually adding this fining agent I would add it now so that soon youll be racking off that and will be 1 step ahead this way and in a few months you wont need to rack anymore because there will be nothing to rack off of. After 3 months in the carboy from now though I would add an additional 1/4 tsp of k-meta.

Latest posts

Back